Re: Extra parts in my OCXO/Si5351A synthesizer module kit #synth #ocxo #si5351a

Hans Summers

Hi All

There was a special run of 10MHz OCXO variants of the kit, at some point a couple of years ago. 100 were produced without Si5351A; and instead of the 27MHz crystal they had 10MHz, and 150pF capacitors instead of 56pF. I still have a handful left here.

In only one or two cases, there was a point where we ran out of the OCXO kit and the next batch was days away from arriving here. So I got some of those old 10MHz OCXO kits and added a 27MHz crystal and the 56pF capacitors, and swapped over to a board with the Si5351A on it. Really this must have been literally only 1 or 2, I can't remember. So John - I believe this is the explanation - you are just the one or two!

73 Hans G0UPL

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 1:35 AM John Canfield <bucket@...> wrote:
I think one of the other kits in my Q3S Ultimate package also had a 10 Mhz crystal. A bonus!

--
John, WB5THT