Re: I used "silver" solder to assemble my QCX

Braden Glett

I've made a lot of jewelry, and of course used silver solder. Typically there are three different alloys (high, medium, low) referring to the melt temperatures. If you have multiple solder joints on a piece, you start with the highest melt point first, then work your way lower so that you can solder without disturbing the prior joints.
So if you're going to use it for electronics, get the lowest melt point silver solder available. They aren't all created equal.
I use good old fashioned Pb solder on electronics. This stuff is challenging enough without having to worry about burning up components! :)