Re: Adding S-Meter/Output Power on LCD Display? #vfo

Steve Carey

Hi Both . . . and thanks for the info.

The RX board has an AGC output and I previously used another of these receivers with a 20uA S-Meter. Via a small capacitor and a diode or two, I cane sniff some volts from the transmitter output stage. SO what I think I'll do is have a row of 3mm LED's in the small gap above the LCD Display driven by an LM3914 LED Bargraph Driver chip. I really don't have front panel space for a real meter but a string of LED's is doable. The front panel is only 140mm X 70mm! Mock-up:
http://www.g4mjw.com/images/Natterbox-Mock-up-G4MJW.jpg

Steve