Re: OLED screen for QCX

John VA7JBE

Thanks for the feedback, Hans.  I've located another display (about the same price) on Mouser that's 5v.

G4SRA, I'll be using a battery pack stuffed into my long underwear.  It wouldn't be the first time.  If you want to see some more of my cold weather radio adventures, check out the blog!  https://summitsandradios.wordpress.com/2018/04/11/return-to-garibaldi-ve7-sl-009/

Lee, OLED displays only use power to light up the pixels that are...well, lit up.  The one I found on Mouser puts current draw at 31 mA at 50% lit so it's plausible that this display would use less current than the LCD that comes with the kit.

Cheers,
John VA7JBE

16x2 OLED display (mouser):
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail/Microtips-Technology/REC001602AWPP5N00000?qs=sGAEpiMZZMshRHSPqbouvBLikgV34u4YEswIdOIN21XyAPoD958lCw==