Unable to receive anything on my 20m #chat

gabri22_@...

A new chat has been created:

Hi all,

Months after I purchased the kit, I found some spare time to build it. I think everything went fine during the alignment process. I am able to find a maximum in the peak BPF menu and the plates of the trimmer capacitor are somewhere in their range.

However, I was unable to hear any station after several days and I am starting to think that there might be a problem.
Regarding this issue I wanted to ask whether it is possible to receive anything using this portable loop antenna: https://www.radioworld.co.uk/wonder-wand-wonder-loop-750-portable-loop-antenna

Do you think that could be the "problem"?  Or should I look for a hardware failure?

I do not know what can be wrong, the only thing I can think of is that during the alignment process, in the I-Q balance, Phase LO and Phase Hi menus, the amplitude bars jump around maybe too much (However, I can find a minimum value even though it does not remain "static")
I'll record a video of this so that you can actually see it if you think it is helpful.

This is my first transceiver ever, so I am a newbie in this topic and I feel a little bit overwhelmed about all the things that could be wrong. Maybe you can help me a little bit with your expertise on how should I proceed.

Regards,
Gabriel

View/Join This Chat