Re: QCX Frequency Calibration

Alan G4ZFQ

through some reading I was under the impression that by utilizing the frequency generator, I am able to to align the output frequency of the radio via Menu 8.5.
Erik,
Yes this is correct.
BUT you cannot use the CQX to check itself. The actual RF output, frequency counter and generator relies on the 8.5 setting. Change the setting on 8.5 and it all moves, the output changes but you do not see the result.
You must use some external standard or reference as described under section 8.5.
Or monitor your transmission on a WSPR receiver against other signals.

Or use GPS but be very careful if you do, keep your dummy load connected in case you do not read the instructions correctly.