Re: My first time QCX build - fail.

Braden Glett

Jim: My first QCX was also a fail. I had another one and decided to do some things differently to remove possible errors. The main thing was, I sorted all of the components, testing each one to ensure they were the correct values. That way, when it came time to install all of the (for example) 10k resistors, I just reached into the 10k resistor tray and installed them - not much potential for error, this way. Doing it this way, the QCX fired up first thing.
When you're building this, it's a long process and easy to get fatigued, which makes us error-prone. Pre-sorting removes a lot of the potential for mistakes. I recommend this approach highly.
Brady kd8zm