Re: Winding QCX T1 #t1 #qcx

ajparent1/KB1GMX

Over the years I've used a very hot iron and solder.

Then i got a very small solder pot (about 1" wide and maybe 1" deep)
and its fast and effective when I need to strip a lot of enameled wire.
Little rosin on the lead and dip it. Down side for the pot is about
10 minute warm up.

I have to try the hot air solder/desolder tool.

The other tool using two small drums (.5") of material like rubber with
abrasive embedded turned with a small motor.  It rotates so that the
wire is pulled in and does a fine job as you pull it out.  Really simple
and very effective.

I try to not scrape or sand as that usually weakens the wire.

Allison