Re: QSX radio feature requests

Arv Evans

Glen

The K3NG ATU is an interesting design but uses several relays.  That is fine for automation
purposes, but I wonder if the design could be reproduced with a handful of DPDT rocker or
toggle switches replacing the relays.  Maybe there needs to be 2 versions of this well thought
out design, one that is automated and another that is manual for low current draw and increased
battery life for portable use.

Arv
_._

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 6:27 PM Glenn <glennp@...> wrote:
The K3NG ATU lends itself to home brew.   And changes to the power level required. My own build I estimate at around 20-30W and uses smd 2-3kV caps (overkill) and the usual relay switching of L&C. Two relays are used to switch the ends for L-C or C-L. I used standard relays, not latching, due to cost here in VK. Control board uses a NANO with a 0.96" OLED display.

vk3pe