Re: QSX radio feature requests

ajparent1/KB1GMX

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 02:54 AM, Chris Wilson wrote:
I would value Allison's opinion on how important FET lead lengths and
trace routing and widths, and those of FET driver IC's remain at LF
and MF as I am fond of experimenting "down there", particularly with
Class D amps. I suspect it is still important as gate and drain
traces seem to respond to careful minimisation of lead lengths and
usage of wide traces.
Its very simple, IF you want long leads stay near DC.  Look leads for high current
fast rise time pulses are essentially no different hat upper HF to VHF CW signals.

Think of this way would you intentionally put a choke in series with the three legs?
Of course not but yet many don't consider a 40nh lead as important.

I've used those driver ICs to 13.56mhz.

More of same for wide traces and ground planes.

Or from a different view point Hans did it right and it works to VHF.

Allison