Re: Winding QCX T1 #t1 #qcx

Alan de G1FXB

I suspect Han's has being sidetracked to have rewritten that section into the build manuals so far.
Please read the whole thread for background but:-

Specifically message  https://groups.io/g/QRPLabs/message/22418

Alan

On 02/08/2018 16:51, Juano wrote:
Hi Al, is there a difference??

Juan Herrera HK6J
Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 2/08/2018, a la(s) 10:44 a. m., Al Holt <grovekid2@...> escribió:

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Richard G4TGJ wrote:
I note that the instructions on p67 say to unplug the antenna during alignment of the radio but don't say to plug in a dummy load.
I believe I read here on this group Hans mentioning connection to a dummy load can help alignment. I think the original instructions emphasize disconnecting the antenna because the alignment signal is injected just about at the antenna connection and having an antenna attached would radiate a possible interference. I recall my QCX-40 would align both with and without the dummy load attached.

--Al