Re: Case for the QCX transceiver possibly commercially available soon #qcx

m5fra2@...

Looks good

Colin – M5FRA

From: QRPLabs@groups.io <QRPLabs@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Nichols via Groups.Io
Sent: 25 July 2018 14:28
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] Case for the QCX transceiver possibly commercially available soon #qcx

I ended up making my own case using an extruded aluminium enclosure from Bangood. I must say, it took about 19 hours of work for the case alone, having messed up the powder coating while doing the drilling, rubbing it down, respraying it and then respraying it again after I chipped it. The label was produced in Photoshop and then printed. The first one was spray lacquered, but that made the dye run. I'll eventually coat it with sticky-back plastic I think. The rig has made two outings and went to North Norfolk during the IARU contest about 10 days ago. Working Europeans was like shooting fish in a barrel. It even crossed the pond to the US, so very pleased. Not sure I'd make another case though - easier to buy one ;-)

Steve G0KYA