Re: #manual #manual

Alan G4ZFQ

I recall your advice in the manual that components rarely fail
*"Rarely" is not the same as "never."*  Just yesterday I did some troubleshooting on a U3S that had died after about a year's service.
Yes, but the point made was that too many constructors leap to the conclusion that their work is perfect and the reason for it not working is component failure. In nearly all cases there is a construction fault. Often a soldering fault.

The PA stage of all rigs often run near their limits is at risk, in time many fail maybe due to overload or high SWR.