Re: #u3s #synth 27MHz Crystal on Si5351 module failure? U3S just showing boxes... #synth #u3s

Al Holt

Thanks Daniel, I'll look into it.
Are you saying if the 27MHz crystal is not oscillating it will not prevent the synth module from keeping the U3S from initializing? (Is that a double negative? :-) )

I understand the crystal on the synth module doesn't have anything to do with the MCU, but the synth module is needed to get the mcu to start up.

I should have asked this in my OP, what should I expect from the synth module if I test it on the bench and not connected to the U3S? Does it oscillate or free run at a certain frequency? Does it need some sort of I^2c commands to get it to work?

--Al