Re: Suggested Change for VFO: Additional BandStops #vfo #bpf

Hans Summers

Steve, Clive

Just to make sure we are all on the same page (as is said).

We already have 6 "bandstop positions" in the VFO, that control 6 processor pins, which control 6 relays and switch 6 Low Pass Filters if you add the  relay board kit http://qrp-labs.com/ultimatelpf - all of that already exists.

Are you saying that you want 5 MORE so that you can control 11 relays? And if so, with what spare extra 5 I/O lines? Or you want a way to multiplex two relay boards?

73 Hans G0UPL

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 1:15 PM, Clive Lorton <clive.g8poc@...> wrote:
Hi,

On 30 March 2018 at 01:48, Steve Jones via Groups.Io <stvnjns51@...> wrote:

So, my suggestion to Hans is: when you have a moment (rain on your window, sleepless night, etc), that maybe it would be useful to add 5 more 'BandStop' positions for the VFO.

​I have the same problem​. My SigGen/VFO is sitting on the bench outputting 10MHz to lock my system but the VFO section as a project is on hold.  I had thought of a separate analog switch to switch the LPFs just for ease of use but.....  if Hans could  add "band stop" positions it would be gratefully received here :-)

73 from Clive G8POC