Re: BPF trimmer sensitive to screwdrivier touch?

John Pagett G4YTJ

Alan,

You should use an trimming tool which is either fully insulated (hard plastic) or where the small blade is the only metallic part. In emergencies I've filed up a plastic knitting needle to make a trimming tool (don't tell the XYL!)

73
John
G4YTJ

On 17 Mar 2018, at 20:39, g3xaq <alan@...> wrote:

I did notice one thing during alignment: when peaking the receiver BPF trimmer the level changes (and I get noise on the audio) when I apply a metal screwdriver to the trimmer. Is this expected? I've checked and I do have the trimmer inserted the right way round: it is aligned with the silk screened component overlay.

Before I go in gung-ho with a soldering iron and risk damaging the trimmer and/or PCB, is this expected behaviour or not?

73, Alan G3XAQ