Re: Sudden failure in early life

George Privett

My QCX-20 worked well when completed. However, when I took the LED off and put it back on several times when looking at options for a case, it started to display random characters.  Upon close examination, I found that one of the pins in the header had a cold solder connection. A bit of resin and solder fixed it quickly and I have not had a problem since. This is an amazing radio kit. Kudos to Hans. The instructions are some of the best and I felt like Hans was right there as an elmer looking over my shoulder, while I assembled the radio.

George VY1GP