Re: QCX40 T1

Hans Summers

Hi Denis

I think that it is correct to make the adjustment with a 50-ohm load. This is more representative of what the radio will see in reality. With no antenna and no dummy load the impedance is not well matched. I will change the manual. I think the procedure is best if the adjustments are done with 50-ohm dummy load connected.

73 Hans G0UPL

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 5:29 PM, Denis F6GKQ <debemails@...> wrote:
I checked the trimmer, no short circuits at all, it seems to be OK.
I removed one more turn and got a sharp peak quite in the middle of trimmer course but only when input loaded with 50 ohms.
I still need this information : is it a mistake making adjustment with 50 ohms load ?
--
73 from Denis, F6GKQ
QCX 40m nr 3082