Re: coils and glue

Allen Poland

Thanks Doc!  ‘ppreciate your input!  I think I will go with the glue gun.  I use it for a multitude of other things and thought it might be good to anchor toroids.  But since my experience with these things have been somewhat limited, I thought I’d ask.  When I power this thing up I don’t want any copy ANY problems.  I’m at the age where I have more problems than I need! Why I decided to build this thing is beyond me.  Guess maybe I got caught up in the spirit of the thing.  J

From: QRPLabs@groups.io [mailto:QRPLabs@groups.io] On Behalf Of J68HZ
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 12:29 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] coils and glue

I always use hot glue to secure my coils to the PCB.  Works every time and they can be removed if need be.  Rarely do they move in inductance (only at VHF+).

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton – J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

Like us on Facebook!

Moderator – North American QRO Yahoo Group.

email:  bill@...

On 2018-03-10 05:45, Allen Poland wrote:

I’ve been wondering if hot clue or epoxy (clear) would have any detrimental effect on the LPF coils and the transformer in the QCX 20m kit?

Al

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

--

Mick Mi5mtc