Re: coils and glue

Allen Poland

Copy that Michael.  Thank you.  Who said “old dogs can’t learn new tricks?”

From: QRPLabs@groups.io [mailto:QRPLabs@groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Clarke
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 2:42 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] coils and glue

Hi Allen - no need to mess up the soldering iron tip. The heat from being near  the tip or  body round the heating element is enough to melt beeswax. It need never touch the soldering iron tip, and if it does goes liquid and drops off. 73 Michael Mi5MTC

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 5:22 PM, Allen Poland <atpoland@...> wrote:

Michael:  Thank you for your input.  Never considered or ever used beeswax in my life.  I doubt if that stuff  is available in this “black hole” of WV!  Maybe commode seal….. I don’t know what is used here anymore. Only drawback I can see is messing up the soldering iron tip.

On 2018-03-10 05:45, Allen Poland wrote:

I’ve been wondering if hot clue or epoxy (clear) would have any detrimental effect on the LPF coils and the transformer in the QCX 20m kit?

Al

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

--

Mick Mi5mtc