ProgRock - Serial

Robin Midgett

Greetings to the group.

I'd like the benefit of anyone's experience with serial programming of the Prog Rock.

I've interfaced one of these boards https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12731 for my USB to RS232, and set the switch on it for Vcc levels, which should be 5 volt logic. Testing it, I see 4 volts p-p with traffic on the Tx line. I made the Rx & TX & Gnd connections to the BCD switches & verified via continuity check that they connect to pins 12 & 13 on the microcontroller; no joy with the ProgRock; no data. I've confirmed the settings in the terminal program as in the manual for the ProgRock, accounted for appending CR-LF, & even tried another terminal program. I've done a loop back test by jumpering Tx to Rx on the RS-232 side of the USB converter & that works. Still, the ProgRock remains silent. I don't even get the software version report upon power up of the ProgRock.
I have disconnected the GPS from the header and grounded the 1PPS input whilst trying to communicate with the Prog Rock; no joy.
Suggestions are welcomed..