Re: 40M QCX problem uponpower up

Alan de G1FXB

Hi nz0tham,

Han's voltage table T1 pins 5, 6, 7 & 8 2.36 volts
your check T1 pins 5,6,7,8  all 0.30

Assembly Manual Section 5.5 explains circuit.

R1 & R2 are both 10K Ohms configured as as a voltage divider.
You have approx 5v on the top end of R2?
There SHOULD be approx half voltage junction R1 & R2
0 Ohm continuity from the other end of R1 to 0V rail connection

how does the voltage divider check out?

next possibles, T1 secondary winding continuity 1 & 2 or IC4 internal s/c pin 7/9 to 0V (unlikely)?

Alan

On 16/02/2018 00:49, nz0tham@... wrote:
I measured voltages using the internal DVM.  I did not measure the LCD because it works fine.   Many of these are way off - I hope a better tech than me sees a pattern here!  Sorry for the long post.
Here they are:
+ supply terminal   12.12
Clk0 test pin  1.70
Clk1 test pin  1.70    both approximate