Re: 20 metre QCX has died?? #qcx

Alan de G1FXB

Hi Rick,

    As the build was working OK before,
Double check you still have 5v actually on Pin 7 and Pin 20 of IC3
the MCU, to perhaps discount one of the inductors having gone O/C in the meantime.

regards Alan

On 12/02/2018 02:27, Rick W via Groups.Io wrote:
Today I decided to modify some of the parameters in the menu on my QCX. This was a working QCX with mods done for processor boot up and power amp instability.

The QCX booted normally and I reset the startup VFO A frequency from the default of 14.020 to 14.050 and Saved the Settings.

I turned off the rig and rebooted it and now LCD display shows all blocks. According to the troubleshooting guide I should have 20 MHz on pins 9/10 of IC2. My scope on pins 9/10 shows noise - sigh.

All signs are point towards a malfunction of the processor! This is not good day :-(

(QCX #1129 and PCB Rev. 2)
--
73, Rick
VE7TK