Re: Receiver thump

John Pagett G4YTJ

Phil,

Are you working on the right capacitor?

The 10uF (microfarad) is a black electrolytic capacitor.

You have to replace it with 100nF (nanofarad) - otherwise known as 0.1uF (microfarad).

10 and 100pF capacitors are much smaller values.

Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs..

73
John
G4YTJ

Sent from my iPad

On 27 Jan 2018, at 19:04, Phil Moorey <pmooreyca@...> wrote:

No cigar. Removed the 10 pf cap, installed a 100pf but no luck
There is a change   it seems the start of the cw note is where problem is

On a dash its more noticable  once the first dash has started the rest are clean and clear. I believe i can even have a very slight pause between dashes and its still clear,

I must be barking up the wrong tree.
Using apple ear buds, iambic b, semi break in, is better than full break in.

Getting good at replacing components but dont want to do it too often.

Appreciate your support

On Jan 25, 2018 3:51 PM, "Frank PA7F" <F.e.vandijk@...> wrote:
Phil, you have to remove the 10 uF cap. See message thread #20843.

Frank PA7F