The genuine devices have 2 dimples, one each side of the mitsubishi logo, at the top of the black face.  Here is a picture :-
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/M0NKA-mcHF/conversations/messages/9146On

Regards Alvey

 20/10/17 23:06, Andrew Lenton wrote:

Thanks Buying low cost items  from the USA costs me more in postage and VAT @ 20% and £8 post office service charge to collect the VAT, so turns out not worth it in the long run.

BR

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: QRPLabs@groups.io [mailto:QRPLabs@groups.io] On Behalf Of Cecil Bayona
Sent: 20 October 2017 21:56
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] RD16HHF1 5Watt PA #chat

Those parts are Prime parts from a US distributor not from eBay or China. I have never had one be bad out of the box, and I have sold 1000's.

On 10/20/2017 1:14 PM, Al Holt wrote:
I'm using one and have been very happy with it. I sourced mine from
ThePartsPlace from k5nwa; here's their page:
http://www.thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/index.php?route=product/product&pro
duct_id=61 price/shipping is reasonable.

I run it usually with 2W output and it seems to me in transmit the
total draw in on the order of ~800-900mA. I biased it using the "zero bias"
method, but I can't remember if there was any difference between it
and the IRF510.

Good luck!

73

Al Holt