Re: Toroid winding numbers and measurements

Alan G4ZFQ

< If I measure with a Fluke LCR mter that's still
in calibration it measures at (from memory) 100kHz. But if I use my
AIM4170 analyser I can measure inductance at the frequency the amp
will be run at, and the inductance value is somewhat different.
Chris,

Somewhat? How much?
What type of inductor?

I've seem Lee's warning many times, I want to know when the variation might be significant.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

This
variance is of course more marked the higher infrequency above the
Fluke test frequency the inductor under test will ACTUALLY see in use.
I suppose a spectrum analyser with a tracking generator would be a
better tool still for messing with them.