Re: QCX 40m - Audio

Eddie Leighton

Hi Steve and Hans,

tonight I wired my 49er amp section to the QCX's volume control just before the audio amp section and Steve I now have the same experience as you, a lively receiver!!!

It would seem there is a fault around IC10 which should be simple enough to trace. Visually all looks OK.

Thanks for the feedback once again. Once I get a chance I'll probe around there!

73 de Eddie ZS6BNE

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 8:48 PM Eddie Leighton <edleighton@...> wrote:
Thanks Hans and Steve. Monday night back on the bench with my QCX. Thanks for the feedback.

73 de Eddie ZS6BNE
On 27 Oct 2017 3:58 PM, "Steve via Groups.Io" <senglish222=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Eddie, my experience has been the opposite of yours - I find the audio quite loud on my 40m QCX. In fact, I tried using a pair of computer headphones with an inline volume control and had to reduce that control by 50% for comfortable listening. Now, after getting a proper adapter, I'm using my usual CW headphones, Astrocom high impedance military surplus phones, and it sounds even better.

Based on my experience, it sounds like what is happening to you is not normal. I hope you can get it sorted out.

Steve, N4IAG