5 watt amp kit - no output

Vernon Matheson

Hi all,

I just completed the 5 watt amp kit and fired it up...glad to report no smoke but also no output.

Turning the bias wide open did not do anything...I set the U3S at around 250mW before removing C5 so it was ok.

Also when turning up the bias the BS170 did not heat up when on TX.

I am not a skilled tecky guy but like to build and only have a DVM for trouble shooting.

I re-checked everything as far as the connect to the U3S goes and all is what the manual shows and it is getting the 12vdc no problem.

Could it be the trifilar coil..maybe I screwed that up :-)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Vernon - VE1VDM / VA1VM