From: GD
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2017 9:21 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] QCX was OK

A good 5W out. However!! at initial key down the TX draws 1.0A with
about 1 watt out, re key and its fine again. I found that there was 13 v
on the drains at initial key down and after keying once that returned to 0v

Hello Ian

It has the characteristics of RF floating on the board on intial key
down removed by virtue of the next key down. A search for a missing
direct Gnd around the PA, and a Multi Meter might not be the right unit
to troubleshoot this, more visual. i.e PA gnd not local

The clue may go back to your original problem with your dummy load.

Geoff G4CAO 73