Re: QCX was OK #chat

Armin, DJ2AG

I also already had to replace a smoking an electrically smelling MPS 2907. Don't know why this happened. I was using WSPR beacon with manually set time. It was working for some cycles. Then I attached a GPS receiver kit and immediately after switching on it started to transmit and moments later fume was coming out from under the display. After switching of power  supply of and inspection I didn't see any damaged parts tried again and everything looks good, besides no entries in WSPRnet. Turns out transmit power was low, dont remember  exactly but arround 100mW and or.  Poor MPS 2907 was dead. I replaced it with another one and up to know it's working again without any problems.

73 de Armin - DJ2AG