Re: 5W Power Amp Peak Voltage

J68HZ

You are mixing Peak Power with RMS power…

Peak power = 16 watts as measured by the scope (80 volts peak-to-peak).

Average (RMS) power = 16 watts / ( 2 * 2^1/2) = 5.65 watts.

Power input is related to power output this way:  Power out = Power input * efficiency (a function of class, components, etc).

If the input voltage is 12V (is it 12 or 5v?) and the current is 1.17 amps on average, the INPUT power is 12V* 1.17 A = 14 watts average power.

The efficiency is therefore 100% * 5.65 watts average power output / 14 watts average input power = 40.3%

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator