From: QRPLabs@groups.io [mailto:QRPLabs@groups.io] On Behalf Of James Anderson
Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:10 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] 5W Power Amp Peak Voltage

Hi Chris.

I have built the 5W pa amp kit and I'm getting good results.

From a supply voltage of 13.45v I measure using the scope and the peak output voltage is of the magnitude of some 40 volts.. Peak to Peak is then 80 volts?

Does this sound right, is my real question..

I'm transmitting into a very simple wire dipole soldered directly to the PA LPF so the impedance of this could be anything but hopefully its close to 50 ohms.

Its then a question of working out the power output from these figures assuming that the simple dipole is at the holy grail of 50 ohms.

Thank you all for the help.