Re: WSJT-X db accuracy.

J68HZ

So every situation os different right?  In my professional RF lab, i need to have good quality equipment like the WM-2 or an HP power meter that gets sent off regularly to a calibration lab. Sometimes you have access to equipment like that or want to start stocking your own lab with stuff like that.  I'm actually more like you are though with my home spur-of-the-moment project... using the "big ball-o-electrical tape" construction method with some decent components that get me in the ball park (see below).

image1.JPG

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On Jul 29, 2017, at 1:43 PM, Alan via Groups.Io <alan4alan@...> wrote:

http://ohr.com/wattmeter.htm

How many U3s could you buy for the price of one?

A DVM , diode, capacitor and resistor will give a reasonable measurement across a dummy load. It's crazy being super-accurate 200 to 300mW is normally about the minimum detectable difference on a receiver.