Re: RD15HVF1 x RD06HVF1 (not the IRF510)

J68HZ

The datasheets don't give an accurate representation for those FETs due to the test conditions (they are primarily testing in the UHF and VHF frequency ranges). They will both work quite well below 30 MHz (not a lot of input capacitance).   My RD15HVF1 measures 12 watts out minimum 10 MHz and above, more on 18-30 MHz.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On Feb 13, 2017, at 12:48 PM, Roney Monte <roneymonte@...> wrote:

Hello, this weei I will start to build "5w HF PA Kit".

After reading 3 documents (AN004, AN005 and PA_Assembly), and lots of old messages, now I have to decide with is the best case for choosing the mosfet final transistor.

FYI, I will have 2 U3S running, one for low bands (like 80m/40m/30m and/or 20m/17m) and other for higher bands (15m/12m/10m/6m). In this case I intend to build first on 5W PA for higher bands, and later I will build other for lower bands (that using IRF510).

I was reading the datasheets of these 3 mosfets, and want to ask for those who can help me to choose...

1) the RD15HVF1 seems to work better from 50 mhz and above until UHF. As datasheet says:
"RD15HVF1 is a MOS FET type transistor specifically designed for VHF/UHF High power amplifiers applications"

2) the RD06HVF1 seems to work above 10 mhz until VHF. As datasheet says:
"RD06HVF1 is a MOS FET type transistor specifically designed for VHF RF power amplifiers applications"

The S-Parameter Data table show the frequencies they can operate.

My doubt is:
If I intend to use frequencies from 21mhz to 50 mhz, should I use the RD06 better than RD15 ?

Thanks and 73
Roney Monte PY1ZB