From: QRPLabs@groups.io [mailto:QRPLabs@groups.io] On Behalf Of K9HZ
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 9:24 AM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] U3S output fets

Both Mouser and Digikey have them.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On Feb 5, 2017, at 8:35 AM, Emory Haines <wm3m73@...> wrote:

Considering substituting the RD15HV1 in my 5 watt PA kit.  I have done many searchers looking for one.  Only place I find who even has them is on Ebay from China?  Shipping takes weeks and do not want to wait that long.  Anyone know of a quicker source?  I checked Mouser, DigiKey, etc, they do not carry it?

Thank you  73

Emory  WM3M

On 2/4/2017 11:56 AM, K9HZ wrote:

The U3A by itself doesn’t have enough drive to make more than 500 mw output from the RD15HVF1 … BUT if you drive the RD15HVF1 with one BS170 on the U3A (at about 150 mw), it should make at least 12 watts…  I home brewed one (before Hans put out his kit) and mine certainly will put out that much power and more depending on the power source voltage.  The nice thing about using the RD15HVF1 is that it puts out a good amount of power above 20 mhz… well into the 200 MHz range… whereas the IRF510 (depending upon the quality of the device in manufacturing) quits at about 20 mhz.   But if you stay below 10 MHz, the IRF510 part is cheaper and will work fine.

You only need to use ONE part in any event!!!!!

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator