Re: Firmware request

J68HZ

Well I have been able to successfully use a  ATmega1284 TQFP part for the ATmega328 mounted on a daughter card… the extra pins come out the end of the daughter card for use in other things.  Short of a revision to the main board this is an excellent step to get more IO and programming space.

Other comments in this thread…. I also have multiple Red Pitayas for skimmers… with the addition of a DXEngineering antenna mounted preamp, they hear as well as anything connected to my Elecraft K3…

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton – J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

Like us on Facebook! facebook icon

email:  bill@...

From: QRPLabs@groups.io [mailto:QRPLabs@groups.io] On Behalf Of Kelly Keeton via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:32 PM
To: QRPLabs@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QRPLabs] Firmware request

+1 to that idea-  the space is needed on the IO pins without messing up the clock or relay board I haven't counted the IO in use 

Sent from a mobile device. 

On Dec 22, 2016, at 1:32 PM, Larry Acklin <acklin@...> wrote:

As long as there is room and Hans has the desire, these are great ideas.  My Great Idea ;) is to have an API that could control the U3S from a Raspberry Pi or other SBC maybe communicating over serial, then the heavy lifting could be with another computer.  Somewhat like what CAT can do for the "big rigs"

Larry KB3CUF

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 4:28 PM, la6lu@... <la6lu@...> wrote:

Hello Hans,

"Yes, that was requested already and is on the list. I didn't have time or space to put it in yet. I'm still thinking about how to make space for the sunrise/sunset calculation etc. "

A great idea Hans :)

Will it then possible to pause and not transmit at all for some time? Control over the tx with respect to the sunset/sunrise/greyline times could be very useful on the 630m/2200m bands for saving solar power, especially in the the winters where solar charging are much lower. On these bands, there is usually dead condition by day time, so transmitting when daylight is really a waste of precious power. A setup which will allow restricting the transmissions to when the sun is down (or up, or continuously as before) will really be a nice thing on the low bands. Not only that, it will also help keeping one's back free over the issues regarding IARU, which say they don't like continuous transmissions on those low and some of the higher bands too.

Regards
Geir, LA6LU

On 12/22/2016 07:19 PM, Hans Summers wrote:

Hi Frank

Yes, that was requested already and is on the list. I didn't have time or space to put it in yet. I'm still thinking about how to make space for the sunrise/sunset calculation etc. 

73 Hans G0UPL

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 9:15 PM, Frank de Wilde <ph2m@...> wrote:

Hi Hans,

Could it be possible in future firmware that depending on sunset/sunrise/greyline time that bands can be chosen to be used... e.g. 160/80/40 at night, 40/20/15 during greyline, 20/15/10 during daytime. And of cause up to 11 bands when using multiple relay-pcb's ;)

73 de Frank PH2M 

-- 
Best regards
Geir, LA6LU
====================================================================================================================
Locator: JO59eq
R/TX hardware: JRC NRD-545, Icom IC-R75, CommRadio CR1a, AOR AR7030+, Yaesu FT-817ND, Yaesu FT-897D, Tecsun PL-880,
SDRPlay/RSP, 2 x FunCube Pro2+, Heros VLF/LF Converter, WMR CLRdsp, WMR CLRspkr, Timewave DSP-599zx, Timewave ANC-4,
PA0RDT 20Hz audio filter
Receiver software: NRD-545 CAT, IC-R75 CAT, SDR Console, Argo, WWSU
Aerial: PA0RDT 4 x Mini-Whip @ 6.5m AGL + 2 x PA0RDT 4 port splitter & pwr unit
====================================================================================================================
TX Beacons: LA1BCN on 630m (476.5 kHz CW beacon / 475.625 kHz WSPR Antenna: 16.5m Marconi-X Vertical
            LA2BCN on 10m (28.217 MHz CW Beacon / 28,126.1 MHz WSPR Antenna: Moonraker Gap-F 5/8 wave Vertical
            LA6LU/B on 30m (10,140.175 WSPR / 10,140.075 FSKCW-6 (QRSS) Antenna. Inverted-V w/ 1:1 Balun

Join QRPLabs@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.