Re: Oil pressure instability

Garry Siggelkow

On the power output deal I would replace all the lights with LED.  Makes a big difference.  Good upgrade

On Jun 29, 2020 9:18 AM, "Gene Banwart via groups.io" <gbanwart@...> wrote:
Thanks Mark,
I’ve not been worried about it either. I just thought maybe it would be a simple fix. If it wasn’t for added weight I might use the grease gun hose connected to an isolator then a mechanical gauge.

On Jun 29, 2020, at 9:00 AM, Mark Fox <saafbusiness@...> wrote:

I have had the same problem for 24 years.....I think it's just that the stator doesn't have enough output power. Instead of reading the absolute number I just use relative readings to know its normal.

Since I installed the new Stratus Transponder this year, it draws enough power that it will sometimes shutdown at low engine power, like landing configurations. If the Stratus doesn't have enough voltage it shuts down.

Thanks

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 7:20 PM Gene Banwart via groups.io <gbanwart=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On my XP with 912S the oil pressure gauge shows less pressure when I turn on the running lights and goes lower yet when I turn on the strobe lights. I’m sure it is a electrical load problem, but where do you suppose it originates?  Ground? Poor connection? Corroded fuse? Other?
Thanks
Gene
322XP

Join Pulsar-Aviators@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.