Topics

Tell me about yours...

K4AAV <k4aav@...>

Hello everyone. I am new to group and I am looking to part ways with my Alpha 9500 to a more reliable amp. I will be scolling through the threads and to gain as much information about the American Made Brute and would also like to solict anyones input about their experiences with their amp. I am looking for a legal limit, no-tune amp with high reliability and software that is solid. If this amp is all this, then the cost is worth every penny. Looking forward to getting any input from you all.

Will, K4AAV

dlevy8787 <dxdogg@...>

Hi Will.

Welcome to the group. I sold my 9500 and have never looked back. You will find a wealth of information here and a good group of hams willing to help. The amp is everything you are looking for and more. The lack of posts is a testament to its reliability.

If any of us can help, just ask.

Dave, w1wn

--- In PrometheusDX2400@..., "K4AAV" <k4aav@...> wrote:

Hello everyone. I am new to group and I am looking to part ways with my Alpha 9500 to a more reliable amp. I will be scolling through the threads and to gain as much information about the American Made Brute and would also like to solict anyones input about their experiences with their amp. I am looking for a legal limit, no-tune amp with high reliability and software that is solid. If this amp is all this, then the cost is worth every penny. Looking forward to getting any input from you all.

Will, K4AAV

Kirk <kirk.harding@...>

Hi Bill,

I’m looking to do the exact thing.  I like you, find the reliability of the 9500 questionable.  Mine is just over 4 years old and I’ve again had to return the control board to RF Concepts.  Now that it’s out of warranty it’s starting to nickel and dime me.  Just today, I reinstalled the control board and have it back up and running.  I’ve seen Al’s, NN4ZZ Prometheus and it is indeed a fine amp.

73,

Kirk, K6KAR

Hello everyone. I am new to group and I am looking to part ways with my Alpha 9500 to a more reliable amp. I will be scolling through the threads and to gain as much information about the American Made Brute and would also like to solict anyones input about their experiences with their amp. I am looking for a legal limit, no-tune amp with high reliability and software that is solid. If this amp is all this, then the cost is worth every penny. Looking forward to getting any input from you all.

Will, K4AAV

Steve Bolia

Will

I’ve had my 2400 for about 3 years now.  It is the best amp I’ve owned.  Very rugged.  I’m an active contester (CW, SSB and RTTY) and average around 25,000 Q’s per year, most of them running at or near the legal limit.   The software is very good and really protects the amp (mostly from me!).  Mike’s support is awesome.  If you are looking for something reliable and robust, I don’t think you can go wrong.

73

Steve, N8BJQ

Hello everyone. I am new to group and I am looking to part ways with my Alpha 9500 to a more reliable amp. I will be scolling through the threads and to gain as much information about the American Made Brute and would also like to solict anyones input about their experiences with their amp. I am looking for a legal limit, no-tune amp with high reliability and software that is solid. If this amp is all this, then the cost is worth every penny. Looking forward to getting any input from you all.

Will, K4AAV

K4AAV <k4aav@...>

Well my amp is back from Alpha 9500 and working. All I can say is, let the savings begin. If anyone knows of anyone that would like to try an Alpha 9500, point them my way. My mind is made up to part ways with the Alpha and invest in the Prometheus. Thank you all for your feed back and also letting me know I am not alone with issues I have seen in my Alpha. For all I know the Alpha will work fine now, but its a little too late.

Will, K4AAV

--- In PrometheusDX2400@..., "K4AAV" <k4aav@...> wrote:

Hello everyone. I am new to group and I am looking to part ways with my Alpha 9500 to a more reliable amp. I will be scolling through the threads and to gain as much information about the American Made Brute and would also like to solict anyones input about their experiences with their amp. I am looking for a legal limit, no-tune amp with high reliability and software that is solid. If this amp is all this, then the cost is worth every penny. Looking forward to getting any input from you all.

Will, K4AAV

dlevy8787 <dxdogg@...>

Hi Will.

Glad you're QRO again. You can list it on QTH but I see they have been listed for significant discounts off the new price. I see where if you purchase a new one, you can get a $700 power meter or dummy load from them for free.

Good luck with the sale and I know you will enjoy the Prometheus.

[...]

Steve Sacco

Will-

Congratulations on your decision. You may want to get your order in soon, to get ahead of the Dayton crowd...

73,
Steve
NN4X
S/N 28