Topics

Selling My Prometheus DX2400L with Linear PS

kirk.harding@...

After suffering weather related damage to our home, I am selling my new (received September of last year), Prometheus amplifier.  The extras on this amp are: Rack Handles and Fan Filters.  I paid $11.5K for this amp but will let it go for $9.5K less shipping.  The amp is under warranty and Mike Dishop says he will honor the warranty to the new owner.   If interested, please contact me off list at kirk dot harding at k6kar dot com. 

Steve Nance <snance@...>

Kirk, sorry to hear you're selling the amp and the house damage. You might want to also list it on the DDUtil and Flex reflectors. Are you switching the amp via BCD? If so is the harness included?

73, Steve K5FR

Moderator: DDUtil Yahoo Group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DDUtil/

Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2014 9:41 AM
To: PrometheusDX2400@...
Subject: [PrometheusDX2400] Selling My Prometheus DX2400L with Linear PS

After suffering weather related damage to our home, I am selling my new (received September of last year), Prometheus amplifier.  The extras on this amp are: Rack Handles and Fan Filters.  I paid $11.5K for this amp but will let it go for $9.5K less shipping.  The amp is under warranty and Mike Dishop says he will honor the warranty to the new owner.   If interested, please contact me off list at kirk dot harding at k6kar dot com. 

kirk.harding@...

Hi Steve,

It breaks my heart to sell my amp but my wife (Lori) and I feel it necessary.  After last week’s extreme storms we suffered major flooding to our hobby room.  We were able to remove all radio equipment with no damage but furniture was ruined.  Once we get repairs completed we are intending to move and are currently researching locations.  Obviously this has been and is a very stressful situation.

I wasn’t using DDUTIL so no to your question regarding BCD. 

Regards,

Kirk

Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2014 10:02 AM
Subject: RE: [PrometheusDX2400] Selling My Prometheus DX2400L with Linear PS

Kirk, sorry to hear you're selling the amp and the house damage. You might want to also list it on the DDUtil and Flex reflectors. Are you switching the amp via BCD? If so is the harness included?

73, Steve K5FR

Steve Nance <snance@...>

These situations are never easy. Good luck with finding a new QTH and getting your life back together.

73, Steve K5FR

Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2014 10:23 AM

Hi Steve,

It breaks my heart to sell my amp but my wife (Lori) and I feel it necessary.  After last week’s extreme storms we suffered major flooding to our hobby room.  We were able to remove all radio equipment with no damage but furniture was ruined.  Once we get repairs completed we are intending to move and are currently researching locations.  Obviously this has been and is a very stressful situation.

Regards,

Kirk

73, Steve K5FR

Steven M. \(Mike\) dishop

Gentlemen,

Dishtronix is not in the used equipment business and when someone buys a used amplifier it potentially shorts the company a new sale. However, with all that said and as the owners know by now,  Dishtronix supports our customers and is here when you need us, even when mother nature throws you a curve ball!  We don’t just sell you an amplifier and disappear or charge you to talk to us when you have a problem.  

So, to the prospective new owner of Kirk’s fine machine, I am  honoring the balance of the warranty and further will give you the complimentary set up support consultation and feature walk through that every NEW owner gets over the telephone from the factory at no charge. I’ve gone through the RF deck and can tell you everything is OK inside.  You should have no concerns about purchasing this amplifier.

Myself, the Dishtronix organization and I’m certain the rest of the group all wish Kirk all the best in recovering his life and other property after the flooding.

On another note, I am not exhibiting at Dayton next week. The decision has nothing to do with the company. Everything is good and we will continue to be in the amateur business indefinitely. We are completely behind schedule on the launch of some new products and this is why we are not exhibiting.  I will be on site Friday and available by appointment to meet with anyone attending.

Kirk, I look forward to supplying your next amplifier for your next station. Thanks for having been a great customer.

VY 73 DE Mike, N8WFF

Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2014 12:00 PM

These situations are never easy. Good luck with finding a new QTH and getting your life back together.

73, Steve K5FR

Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2014 10:23 AM

Hi Steve,

Regards,

Kirk

73, Steve K5FR