Topics

Remote control -- or just a hardware remote for the BYPASS button and LED

Al Ludwick / NN4ZZ

Mike and Group,
Has there been any progress (or an ETA) on the "remote control" application for a PC? It would be nice to see all of the LED status on a PC application and be able to remote control the amp but my primary interest is the BYPASS button and status. I can't see the LED from my operating position and have to get up to see the status or reset it when it times out.

If the full blown PC app is not in our future, I'd like to investigate a hardware solution just for the BYPASS button and LED. The enhancement would be to add a remote LED and SWITCH for the BYPASS button. I don't want to shut the amp down (which I could do with the "remote on" line), I just want to see the BYPASS status and toggle the button from my position.

I'm going to build a data cable interface from a new radio (FLEX 6x00) in a few months and will take the same "break out box" approach I used when interfacing the DX2400 with my FTDX9000 and SteppIR. I could incorporate the BYPASS switch and LED in the box at the same time.

A schematic would help or some directions....to make it a little easier. But if the remote application is in our future, that would be even better.

Regards and Merry Xmas to all.

Al / NN4ZZ

-- In PrometheusDX2400@..., "Steve Bolia" wrote:

Hi Al

I've talked to Mike about the remote panel a couple of times (we chat quite
often). Because the amp is so big it is hard to mount it where the front
panel is visible and easily accessible. We've had a few issues with
integrating the amp into my station and Mike has been great. Dealing with
SO2R, computer logging and Top Ten band decoders and WX0B antenna switches
is something he was not familiar with (but he is now!!) The ICOM is the
issue. CIV control works okay with the amp but you can't get the CIV to
work with the amp and N1MM logger at the same time. Think we have a
work-around that will fix that. At some point, I think the amp firmware
will be updated to handle this.

Steve