Topics

OV error

William Hein

I am getting an OV error regardless of which tap I have the linear PS set to - 220, 240 or 260 V

My line voltage today is 244 V

Bad timing - FT4FA DXpedition started today and my amp is offline!

Asking for help here as Mike D is unavailable right now.

Tnx
Bill AA7XT

Al Ludwick / NN4ZZ

Bill,
Here are 2 things to look at.  Easiest first......

1 - check the power cables between the power supply and RF deck.  They can pull out due to the weight and cause errors.  Re-seat the cables to insure a good connection.

2 - measure the voltage coming from the power supply, it should be around 72V.  The pinout is in the power supply manual on page 17.  (if you don't have the manual, I can post a snapshot of the page).  This may give some clue as to whether the voltage is really off and whether problem is in the power supply or metering in the RF deck.  For reference mine measured 74.5 V last time I checked.

Hope it helps and good luck with FT4TA

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

.

Everett Jackson

I had the same problem and found that voltage coming in the house was
not always the same. I put a line filter on the amp and now all is fine.
73,
Everett - WZ8P