From: PrometheusDX2400@... [mailto:PrometheusDX2400@...] On Behalf Of NN4ZZ
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 10:45 AM
To: PrometheusDX2400@...
Subject: [PrometheusDX2400] Group Moderator - welcome Kirk

Group Moderator - welcome Kirk

Kirk / K6KAR has agreed to be a moderator to make sure we don't delay anyone joining, etc when I'm not available.

I've know Kirk for years and appreciate his willingness to help out. He also moderates another one of our groups.

Regards, Al

Kirk <kirk.harding@...>

Hi Mike,

I appreciate your acknowledgement.  Hopefully we’ll have an opportunity to meet and chat at the upcoming Dayton convention.  Also, (and again hopefully), I’ll soon be placing my order for the DX2400.  Currently I have an Alpha-9500 but feel it’s time to move on.  One thing that I do hope you’ll have is SW to run the DX2400 remotely.  I know that Al has expressed an interest in this and this is something I frequently do with the Alpha-9500.  For me, this is something I’d really miss not having.  In any case, I look forward to meeting you and having a DX2400 of my own.

Regards,

Kirk, K6KAR

Niceville, FL

We haven't met but welcome aboard. Thanks for assisting Al. Feel free to call me or write me if I can assist. As you gentlemen know, I don't have any influence over the posts here which keeps everything very transparent. So, we have this fine, strictly all volunteer group thanks to NN4ZZ.

I do want to very much thank those of you who take the time to share your amp experience with the new members. Your positive experience is the best advertising there is. It seems the word is finally getting out there about how good the DX2400 is because there is definitely more interest. We have had a challenging year here with redesigning the new heat exchanger, the new transformer and the new choke, but I am happy to say that is behind us and Linear Supplies are available again.

VY 73 DE Mike N8WFF

Kirk / K6KAR has agreed to be a moderator to make sure we don't delay anyone joining, etc when I'm not available.

I've know Kirk for years and appreciate his willingness to help out. He also moderates another one of our groups.

Regards, Al

dlevy8787 <dxdogg@...>

Hi Kirk.

I know where Niceville is and there are a lot of Floridians who cannot say that, hi.

I am an owner (#27) and very pleased to say the least. I am in the Tampa Bay area and if you are ever down here, stop by and take a look at the amp.

Dave, w1wn

--- In PrometheusDX2400@..., "Kirk" <kirk.harding@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave,

Thanks for the offer.  I’ve seen Al’s NN4ZZ’s.  Saw it a couple of years ago.  Impressive is an understatement!

73,

Kirk, K6KAR

--- In PrometheusDX2400@..., "Kirk" wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>

> I appreciate your acknowledgement. Hopefully we'll have an opportunity to
> meet and chat at the upcoming Dayton convention. Also, (and again
> hopefully), I'll soon be placing my order for the DX2400. Currently I have
> an Alpha-9500 but feel it's time to move on. One thing that I do hope
> you'll have is SW to run the DX2400 remotely. I know that Al has expressed
> an interest in this and this is something I frequently do with the
> Alpha-9500. For me, this is something I'd really miss not having. In any
> case, I look forward to meeting you and having a DX2400 of my own.
>

> Regards,
>

> Kirk, K6KAR
>
> Niceville, FL

Steven M. \(Mike\) dishop

Hi Kirk,

Yes, Dishtronix will be exhibiting for the 11th year in a row at the Dayton Hamvention, Booth #572, which is the front side row of the Silver Arena (one aisle toward the road and one aisle down from Yaesu area) Look for the blue on white Dishtronix banner high up above the booth.  I’m always in the booth in the afternoon and during lunch, and spot off and on in the morning.

I think about half of the group have upgraded to the DX2400 from the 9500 so you will have a lot of company. Everyone seems mostly happy with the amplifier and it is my focus to keep things that way.

Implementing the remote in firmware is a delicate balance. We don’t want to do anything that compromises protection. I can’t say for certain when or if we will have all this, but we are working on it slowly.

It does broadcast power status, it just doesn’t receive commands yet.  Of course you can set the amp up for remote (unattended) operation with the remote on line and the power up hot menu option. Combined with the frequency counter or rig interface it all works fine.

73,