Topics

[ptsw] WWII Freqs

Charles J. Hargrove

The story goes that a ham in Scituate, Massachussetts heard Rommel's
tanks on the 10 meter band and recorded it on a wire recorder. He
brought it to a friend to translate. When they realized what they
had in their hands, the feds got involved and set up a monitoring station
in the area.

Does anyone know what meter band the planes of the Axis and Allies used
during the second world war? I have not seen any information on this. I
thought I had read somewhere that a person in North Carolina or somewhere
in
the South East coast was able to hear transmissions from North Africa of
General Rommel during the campaign battles there.

Danny Jimenez
aka Numanoid17
--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Net Mon. @ 8:30PM 441.100/136.5 PL & 145.230/114.8 PL
http://www.nyc-arecs.org and http://www.nyc-races.org

NYDXA SWL & Scanner Net Wed. @ 9PM 441.100/136.5 PL & 145.230/114.8 PL
http://www.n2nov.net

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through
the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified
borders." - Ronald Reagan