Topics

[ptsw] Antennas or New Radio?

Glenn Hauser

Kevin,

You need to install that wire, or preferably a longer one, permanently
outdoors, and run it indoors to your radio. Regards, Glenn Hauser, Oklahoma

--- Kevin LeDrew <chefkledrew1@...> wrote:

I have an ETON E5 Shortwave Dual Conversion with SSB. For a portable
radio its pretty good outside, however at home next to the window not
so good. With the radio came a 30 foot wire antenna. How do I get the
best use from this wire antenna. Im new at the hobby and enjoy
listening to english broadcasts from abroad. I live on Baffin Island in
Canadas North Arctic, the radios reception outside again is good, But
it is very cold now outside and would like to bring my new hobby
indoors. Any suggestions would be great, or should I purchase a
tabletop radio for indoors?

brainman214@netzero.com <brainman214@...>

GH:
Thanks for helping a fellow hobbyist! I will check WBCQ 7415 Thursday for the latest WOR! 73's
Save on Legal Advice. Click Here.
http://3rdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijnd3YHe1z6eH1jGN7QBRyct7tgY1dsu9w8bhQ9ctvktF9w4L/