Topics

ILG radio freq.

Philip van de Paverd <paverdp@...>

Hi all
Since ILG radio frequencies has been deleted from the website, does anyone know of a similar service to take their place?
Or perhaps is there any chance of them coming back again?
I found this a terrific website.

Regards
Philip

Joseph M. Analssandrini

Dear Philip,

I'm certain that the ILG radio frequency database is "done," at least
for hobbyists. I liked it because it could be incorporated into the
RxWINGS radio computer control program with which I operate my AOR
AR7030 Plus receiver. There is a means within that program of
converting the ILG database to a database readable and usable by
RxWINGS so that one can "sort" frequencies using almost any desired
configuration, such as station currently on air, language desired,
transmissions beamed to your country, etc., etc., etc. and then by
merely "clicking" on the station desired, if it is audible in your
area, why, there it is!

This was really great. I wrote to Jan Arkesteijn, the author of the
program, and asked him if there were some way to incorporate
PrimeTimeShortwave's database within the RxWINGS program but,
unfortunately, it appears that he has little interest in effecting
this update, at least at the present time. I have always liked
PrimeTimeShortwave's database much better than ILG's because it is
updated and corrected far more frequently.

I just wish "someone" would be able to design a database such that it
could be incorporated within RxWINGS as was the ILG database.

Best,

Joe

--- In primetimeshortwave@..., "Philip van de Paverd"
<paverdp@...> wrote:

Hi all
Since ILG radio frequencies has been deleted from the website, does
anyone know of a similar service to take their place?
Or perhaps is there any chance of them coming back again?
I found this a terrific website.

Regards
Philip

Steve Silverwood <steve_kb6ojs@...>

Have you tried SWLog? The current version provides rig control and
imports data from a host of different sources. Might be worth
looking into.

//Steve//

--- In primetimeshortwave@..., "Joseph M. Analssandrini"

DavidGriffin <n2chi@...>

>>> Have you tried SWLog?  <<<

Great program, Huge download, the last time I checked.  Since the demise of ILG I've been existing on HFCC.
Dave

starayzzz

try
""http://www.eibi.de.vu/""
or search EiBi
Cheers

starayzzz wrote:
"try ""http://www.eibi.de.vu/"" or search EiBi  Cheers"

Yes, thanks, I have it loaded and use it often.
Dave

DavidGriffin <n2chi@...>

Hi Boyd.  I'm using  SWLog Version 3, build #2257, so it's pretty old, I imagine.
But it works.  I'll be getting road runner in a week, so maybe I'll try the new versions.
Dave