Topics

AN OPEN MESSAGE REGARDING A QRM PROBLEM AFFECTING 9400 KHZ

Bill Tilford

AN OPEN MESSAGE REGARDING A QRM PROBLEM AFFECTING 9400 KHZ
To whom it may concern:
For the past several weeks, From the Isle of Music, an extremely popular program of Cuban music that broadcasts from Bulgaria on 9400 kHz Sundays from 1500-1600 UTC,has been suffering QRM from another transmission during the first half hour of the broadcast. It is obviously not an attempt to jam us, nor is it another program colliding with ours, for it is merely static but loud enough to degrade the quality of our broadcast for most of our listeners. We are not going to name you in this message, but if there is a problem with the timer at your transmitter,or if it is splattering onto 9400 from a different frequency, please fix the problem (again, we know this is not intentional towards us). If you are attempting to jam someone else's transmission, you are probably doing so at the wrong time and frequency, and we ask that you correct this as well. We are attempting to be civil about this, but this situation is unprofessional, and we hope that it may be resolved quickly. Meanwhile, readers who are listeners of the program or concerned radio citizens generally are encouraged to share this widely.
Sincerely,
William M. Tilford
Producer and Host, From the Isle of Music

Paul B. Walker, Jr.

If you know who it is, contact them directly. I did when cuba and AIR were interfering with oman.. and i think cuba was out of spec and didnt care. Arnie coro told me politely to eff off and jump in a lake cuse i didnt know what i was talking about.   AIR changed frequencies. Posting in a hobbyist group is going to get you nowhere with this