Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 8:56 AM
Subject: Re: [ptsw] Re: Antennas or New Radio?

Wow, was not expecting a email like this. Yes, my name
is Art and I was raised in California. However that is
were the similiarities end. I joined the Navy,
spending most of my time overseas and retired in 1993.
Then I moved to Nevada and settled down. I'm sorry to
hear that someone stoled your hat. Finally, I don't
know anyone by the name of James Arnett. I'm believe
you have confused me with someone else. However it
sounds like we could share a few stories and become
friends. This email has came through the PTSW group
which is a shortwave listening hobbyist group. You are
welcome to hang around a bit and check it out. By the
way, what is your name? Best Regards.

Art in Reno

--- "catlicks@netzero.com" <catlicks@netzero.com>
wrote:

> Art, I am trying to place you.
> Are you my old Calif. movie stunt buddy? If you are
> the hat you gave me you wore in the movie Butch
> Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was stolen from me. Are
> you still going over to James Arnett's ranch?
> How did you find me if you are my old friend art?

http://mail.yahoo.com

ppisteuo123

--- "catlicks@..." <catlicks@...>
wrote:

Art, I am trying to place you.
Are you my old Calif. movie stunt buddy? If you are
the hat you gave me you wore in the movie Butch
Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was stolen from me. Are
you still going over to James Arnett's ranch?
How did you find me if you are my old friend art?

http://mail.yahoo.com

catlicks@netzero.com <catlicks@...>

ppisteuo123

James:

Check your yahoo email, I responded over a week ago.
Write me back on my yahoo email instead of the PTSW
group.

God Bless,
art

--- james callaway <vetswlham@...> wrote:

im doing just great i now live in around elko
12 miles north off mountian city hwy i have
97.5 acares of lamd two triple wide home's and
a double wide just off the forrest tow way
road and retired now or is that retareded
hi hi what the heck are you to this day
any old how and were your living now and
how are things are with you
your brother in christ the vet

for god so love the world that he gave his
only begotten son
john 3:16

james callaway <vetswlham@...>

im doing  just  great i now  live in around  elko  12 miles  north   off mountian city  hwy  i have 97.5 acares  of  lamd  two triple  wide  home's and  a  double  wide  just  off  the  forrest tow way road   and  retired  now  or  is  that  retareded   hi hi     what the  heck  are  you  to  this  day  any  old  how   and  were your  living  now    and  how  are  things  are  with  you
your  brother  in christ   the  vet

for god so love the world that he gave his only begotten son
john 3:16

ppisteuo123

Sure is...How you doing?

art

--- james callaway <vetswlham@...> wrote:

i wonder this the art i know ?? kd7atl

Arthur Hernandez <ppisteuo123@...> wrote:
Kelly:

That is very interesting since most of Marconi's
(1900) antennas were built out of single or
multi-strand steel wire. The only problem I have
noticed with steel wire is that steel seems to have
more noise and it corrodes in a short time. For
these
reasons many choose to use non-ferrous metals for
antennas. I would like to hear more of your steel
wire
testing.

art

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet
in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

Arthur Hernandez wrote:
Kelly:

That is very interesting since most of Marconi's
(1900) antennas were built out of single or
multi-strand steel wire. The only problem I have
noticed with steel wire is that steel seems to have
more noise and it corrodes in a short time. For these
reasons many choose to use non-ferrous metals for
antennas. I would like to hear more of your steel wire
testing.

art

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

for god so love the world that he gave his only begotten son
john 3:16

brainman214@netzero.net <brainman214@...>

This is Noble not"Kevin".Thanks for the information.Would you know if putting a leadin to the arial will work? I tried it but signals were weaker.I know the RS antenna is fine for portables,but one could get better reception with a steel based antenna.I had a CB radio that worked better with an outdoor rod whip,so,the antenna i use on SW is a typical 100 foot Coax(75 ohms) coaxial television cable.It has worked for many years since moving to my current QTH in 1993.Good Luck with your project and 73's!
Free Car Warranty Quotes
Act Now For A 30 Day Free Extended Car Warranty Trial &amp; Save Up To 60%
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/JKFkuJO6XwK68C9rH8cJKrehGoyfm0HKI1K2i3psBsk2ywUueMouCv/

brainman214@netzero.net <brainman214@...>

Yeah,Like i said,i currently use coax for an antenna and works! Although at reduced signal quality.I may go back to the 23 ft.pocket antenna by Radioshack.Let me know what you think is best in my situation.73's.
60% Off Your Car Warranty
Request Your Free Quote Today &amp; Save $ With Continental Warranty!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/JKFkuJO6X0N3dt6CfEckOmYROan5IV8u3KEdLYRsmZKAzeOEo2QQSn/

brainman214@netzero.net <brainman214@...>

I use a simple 100 foot coax antenna for my Sangean ATS818ACS reciever,It seems to filter out unwanted signals quite well.but it will reduce selectivity and sensativity by about sixty percent.I did use a Radioshack pocket antenna.I may need to go back to it since we are getting into midseason with the sun setting early and darkness is much earlier in our evenings here in Tennessee.Good Luck with your project.73's!
Extend Your Car Warranty
Save 60% On Your Auto Warranty. Money Back Guarantee. Free Quote!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/JKFkuJO6W1kByyAT1HgXQBFDdmtReS83UemXL0k9Rt6vO0ukzv70Ir/

RobertClark

Steel for electric fence wire is galvanized AND relatively inexpensive if you can buy it in small enough rolls.

Bob from the North Cascades