Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 11:59 PM
Subject: Re: [ptsw] WWII freqs

there was an artilce some years back in Popular Communications
Magazine on that.  It was 11 Meter.  Mac

On 11/4/07, c e boyd <theboyd@mho.com> wrote:

Hi Danny: Interesting question you've brought up. I'd like to see what the frequency allocation table looked like in 1943. I have seen surplus gear that ranged from 2MHz to 40+MHz, and some commercial gear that went into the VHF-UHF ranges back even before then. So, that leaves us with what was being used for what back then. Hopefully, an old timer can bring us on board. Good listening: theboyd

Does anyone know what meter band the planes of the Axis and Allies used during the second world war? I have not seen any information on this. I thought I had read somewhere that a person in North Carolina or somewhere in the South East coast was able to hear transmissions from North Africa of General Rommel during the campaign battles there.

                                                         Danny Jimenez

--
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the
truth becomes an act of rebellion."

Join Primetimeshortwave@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.