Re: [ptsw] Re: Antennas or New Radio?

RobertClark

Steel for electric fence wire is galvanized AND relatively inexpensive if you can buy it in small enough rolls.

Bob from the North Cascades

Arthur Hernandez wrote:
Kelly:

That is very interesting since most of Marconi's
(1900) antennas were built out of single or
multi-strand steel wire. The only problem I have
noticed with steel wire is that steel seems to have
more noise and it corrodes in a short time. For these
reasons many choose to use non-ferrous metals for
antennas. I would like to hear more of your steel wire
testing.

art

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

Join Primetimeshortwave@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.