Topics

Spectrogram needed to labelling

xbatusek@...

I am using Praat for a relatively short time I find it useful.

Maybe it is my mistake but I was not able to display both waveform
and spectrogram, when I wanted to label a sound.
Of course, it is possible to derive and edit analysis, but in this
case, no labels can be added to the duration points.
I would find the following configuration helpful:

waveform tier
spectrogram tier
(optionally pitch, intensity, etc. tiers)
labelling or any text tiers

Is it possible in current or a future version of Praat?

Robert

Mietta Lennes

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000 xbatusek@... wrote:

Maybe it is my mistake but I was not able to display both waveform
and spectrogram, when I wanted to label a sound.
Of course, it is possible to derive and edit analysis, but in this
case, no labels can be added to the duration points.
I had the same problem. When I asked Paul Boersma, I found out that there
is a small but ingenious "Group" square in the bottom right corner of any
TextGrid, Sound, LongSound or analysis editor window. If you select this
square, the different windows will be synchronized in time. So, create
separate editor windows for the TextGrid object and the Sound object and
click Group for both of them. In the Sound editor, you can simultaneously
display the spectrogram (choose Spectrogram -> Show). Now, if you select
something in the Sound editor, the same selection and cursor place will
show in the TextGrid window, and you can label pretty easily.

I would find the following configuration helpful:

waveform tier
spectrogram tier
(optionally pitch, intensity, etc. tiers)
labelling or any text tiers
Me too - and I think many others would! I guess Paul Boersma is working on
it, but he is probably very busy fulfilling all of our wishes... :)

Mietta Lennes